4/4/4 goodness!

Journally goodness

4/4/4 goodness!

Postby FourTael » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 pm

I have been taking on spirit werewolves in 22 depth geos for the past few days. I currently wield an undusted katana with 14 power totems, and I can regularly hit spirit werewolves that are level 27, which I didn't think I could do.

Of course, it's a shame I decided to rush through the initial stages of a 4/4/4's life. In a few hours' playtime, I had an addy tachi (made myself), 20 skill in 2 magics, 23 in one, and 19 in the others, 5 geomancy (after making a 5 stat totem) and 23 (24?) dodge. I have 150 smithing.

The early part of a 4/4/4's life should be smithing practice. I currently plan to make my first dusted sword, and I think I may have to put just five dusts on the GS. I will not be fully aging this sword, but I don't think that's a major problem, as I only plan to wield it for as long as it takes to obtain the skill, ingots, and dusts required to make a new sword.

I can't wait to start building 30 depth spirit werewolf geos (I have the skill, I just need the sword). I wonder if these are the kinds of werewolves Warren Zevon was singing about...

Edit: Turns out that it's 25 dodge. Go figure.
FourTael
Young Adult

Re: 4/4/4 goodness!

Postby FourTael » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 am

So I finally got my first dusted sword complete. I've been going into 30 depth geos to take on, again, the spirit werewolves. I now have a little over 1 million smithing exp and am closing in on 200 smithing.

I am hoping to reach 500 smithing before I start making my next sword. 600-700 would be better, though. I can make a viz GS with (smithing skill - 100) / 100 * 5. I would be able to put 20 dusts at 500, and one more for every 20 levels. 700 would give me a 31 to hit GS and I would probably try taking down 30 depth geos with it, farming them for blues while I build my sword's age and my chaos expertise skill to the point that I could add 70 dusts to it. It's about 2 levels for every five dusts (it's a little more like, say, 2.1, but I'm figuring it at 2 for now) + 2 for the sword itself. Putting 70 dusts on it means a chaos smithing skill of 16. If I need 80 dusts, that's a skill of 21 (which means I'll need to start working on five-metal swords for skilling).

I realize that viz swords are supposed to be 150 dusts swords, and we'll see if I'm going to go for 26 chaos expertise skill right away (if it takes long enough to gather the dusts, I will), but I'm thinking that it may be better to start with 100 dusts and then make another viz chaos with 200-250 dusts after I'm done with it. I think that, around the time that sword is going to stop being useful, I'm going to be 310 and I'll be able to up my smithing work values by 25% just by it being 310.

Those are my plans at this point. We'll see how it goes after that.
FourTael
Young Adult

Postby Thoth » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:14 am

Congratulations on your sword!

Keep writing, I love to read your journals!
Thoth
Administrator

Postby ShadowStalker » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:02 pm

You must be using a creative stat totem to hit those work values? Don't leave out details!!! ;)
ShadowStalker
Young Adult

Postby FourTael » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:05 am

ShadowStalker wrote:You must be using a creative stat totem to hit those work values? Don't leave out details!!! ;)

I hope you don't mean my "1 million smithing exp," because I mean that I made a combine at 183 skill and that combine gave me 1000 or so smithing exp, which combined with my other combines, gave me 1 million smithing exp total.

But actually, that's not a bad idea. I hadn't thought about using a creative stat totem to offset my low smithing WV's. I could, no doubt, make a 6 creative stat totem at my current magic stat, if I could bring up my magic skill somewhat. Unfortunately, it would only be good for one or two combines. A 5 magic stat totem would only boost my WV by 25%, but I could definately make one that would last for 80 hours. Once again, that's if my magic skills were high enough (it would be a simple matter to raise them to 39). That actually presents even greater possibilities for 4/4/4's on the higher end of the spectrum.

For the swords I'm currently making, I figure in about a 70% fail rate. It's fairly high, but I don't usually lose an ingot or a dust when I fail.

For those that have seen my screenshot thread, you'll know that I took on Dokk recently. I figured that I could take him on. It was something I did for a change of pace as well as to remind myself that I am making progress in the world of BM.

I also headed into the ROTD and took on several bone warriors and lieutenants. Unfortunately, I got disconnected before I could get some meat. Or so I thought. As it turns out, the teleporting bone warrior dropped some meat. I didn't know because I forgot to check. I made a bone warrior geo and, while I wasn't wildly successful in it (and I did get disconnected), I did manage to take down enough bone warriors, sergeants, and lieutenants to get two bone warrior type meats.

Why am I doing bone warrior geos? Well, a quick trip to the BM wiki will show that plain red drake stage one egg food is bone warriors. I'm hoping to hatch my 2 plain red eggs soon, but I need to make sure that I'll be able to have red drake eggs after that. As such, I'm trying to load up on the foods for laying eggs, as well as the stage 1 and 2 power foods. Spirit minotaur is kind of a pain to get and find, however. I don't know if I'll just live with weaker drakes or if I'll go and farm spirit minotaurs in the spirit realm. I guess this would be a good time to test if Dokk Cent meat really counts as spirit mino in all cases.
FourTael
Young Adult

Postby ShadowStalker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:22 pm

I had to assume a creative stat because you will not hit the wv necessary with a 4 creative stat to get 70 dusts on a viz expertise weapon with an expertise level of 16, or 26 even.

To add 70 dusts to a viz expertise weapon, you need to hit wv 3840.

Creative stat 4, Expertise lvl 16: MAX wv 2176. w/Spec lvl 1: 2284
Creative stat 4, Expertise lvl 26: MAX wv 3536. w/Spec lvl 1: 3712

With creative stat 10, then I can see your numbers matching up:

Creative stat 10, Expertise lvl 16: MAX wv 5440
Creative stat 10, Expertise lvl 26: MAX wv 8840
ShadowStalker
Young Adult

Postby FourTael » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:46 am

OMFG, I can't believe I did that. I figured 7*2 + 2 for the skill. In reality, it should have been 7 * 2 * 2 + 2, which is 30. Which is a lot higher, but still doable.

Thank you for pointing that out.

BTW: I got the 7 from 70/10, and it's supposed to be 2 skill levels per 5 dusts.
FourTael
Young Adult

Postby FourTael » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:15 am

OK, first of all, I need to get something out of the way: Why did nobody tell me that trance music could be awesome? Just listen to I Miss You or I Dream!

I want to know why I was not informed of this previously. Somebody's got to pay.

In other news, my internet access hasn't been the greatest recently, so I was only able to get on today for a short while. Luckily, I managed to waste 4 geos on getting disconnected.

Now, on to the good news:

First of all, I am now the proud mommy (daddy? I mean, my AVATAR is female, but still...) of two newly hatched drakes. They are beautiful and ruby-red. Their names are Urd and Skuld, and I love them very much.

Secondly, I applied to join LightDefenders and was accepted. More on that later, as this is just meant to be a quick update.
FourTael
Young Adult

Postby FourTael » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 am

NO ONE has posted a journal while I've been gone? SRSLY? What the frell, people?

Well, anyway, I'm back. And I've been doing geos that are far beyond my sword's ability to hit well (about 15% of the time). Still, I didn't die right away and I ended up gaining two dodge levels. Which is pretty nifty.

I went ahead and checked my viz ingots, and I think I'm going to go kill Dokk and his cents for a while while I work on my smithing and geomancy.

Edit: Oh, and I finally hit 444 smithing. Which was kind of nifty.
FourTael
Young Adult

Return to Player Journals