Add Mac/Linux support
9%
Open source the code
26%

Total votes : 23

Re: Which Way Does BM Want to Go?

Postby H3llscr3am » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:17 am

Hey Punisher,

I guess I'd like an Opensource BM as well, for multiple reasons, like if you develop in parallel, and then decide to focus on Carune, I'd still like the original BM engine accessible to all, and the possibility of it being hosted to exist. I'd also love to help upgrade/modify the existing BM engine. I find that moving is very tedious when going long distances or circuitous routes through areas, I believe it could be improved, but I don't know the code base that it's built on, so I may not be of much help.
H3llscr3am - 1/10/1 - 40+ all magics, 22 geo
d00bep - 10/1/1 - 66 dlvl
d00b0p -1/1/10 - 500 SS
H3llscr3am
Young

Postby Demon Killa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Regarding the server stability, I agree that on the whole it seems to have been stable for a good while.

What I seem to get, is I get settled camping somewhere and sometimes seem to get kicked. I don't know if it is relevant but it seems to happen when there are a few accounts logging in and out, running chests or gems I guess.

It's just a bit of a pain, having to relog.
Demon Killa
Adult

Postby Thoth » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:02 pm

The Mods and Admins certianly don't kick without reason, so either you've been bypassing the idle-kick system, and that's why we may have kicked, and otherwise I guess it's just a server hickup or something related, in that case it often recovers after a minute or two, and should to able to continue happily.

EDIT: it just came to my attention that my ISP is working in the neighbourhood to upgrade the internet speed, to activate that, they have remote reset my router a few times. That may have caused you to log off!
Thoth
Administrator

Postby Demon Killa » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Apologies, I was unclear in my last post. I didn't mean to imply that somebody 'kicked' me.

Only that I've found that when people are logging in and out regularly, running chests or gems I guess, that I seem to get 'nudged' from the server, for want of a better word.

:)
Demon Killa
Adult

Postby Thoth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Only explanation I could think of is being the maintenance my ISP did in the neighbourhood a while back. Should be over now, so all should be good now. If it still occurs then please inform me about it.
Thoth
Administrator

Postby Eah » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:14 pm

In my opinion the original game should get a major update including nicer graphics and a revised source code (plus more possibilities for admins).
In order to keep nostalgia the gameplay could be kept the same.

If there are ressources available to add "new stuff" such as realms, weapons, creatures, ... it sure would be awesome.
Nevertheless people will treat it as a "different" game, BM original will always stay BM original.
Eah
Mature

Postby SuperV » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:01 pm

I voted for BM2.

I think the game needs a new engine/new platform to grow and attract new players.
SuperV
Young Adult

Postby CrownG » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Meyfei here, Overall went through a new namechange the past few years, also forgot my BM info so yeah im CrownG now :D- That aside

I'd like to see an Open Source of Blade Mistress, It has a great potential and if the right team(s) worked on it, the base (BM as we know it) could become so much more.

Every now and then i check Blade Mistress, while also keeping an eye on Carune- which by now is it's own game generally speaking.

the activity dies and revives continuously. As i said if some teams could work on this and fix the bugs and issues within, update it and more it'll be a lot more than it is now.

:D
CrownG
Young

Previous

Return to Development