Donor Totem Sets

Got any ideas?

Donor Totem Sets

Postby Bootch » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:22 am

Hello,

I think a donor totem (either lava or star power) that did not expire/run out would be beneficial for the community. Say, I would dontate $25 for the account that holds my bootch-returns character. Admin/Mods would then bestow upon that account an imbued set of lifetime, non-tradable totems. If i wanted totems on my bootchs assistant account i would need to donate another $25. For people that do not play alot, this would be a big draw as it would let you log in and play not log in imbue totems run quests to have totems for the next time then get just a little bit of actual character building time.

Bootch
Bootch
Young

Re: Donor Totem Sets

Postby Demon Killa » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:46 pm

As long as I get the $25 ;)

Seriously though, with the change in the game and how most of us play it these days, this could work in getting people back in the door.

I think also that as long as the funds went to the upkeep of the game I wouldn't have a problem with it.

All in all an interesting idea.

P.S. The thing is, will Bootch stay awake long enough to make use of these super-duper totes were they to become available :lol:
Demon Killa
Adult

Postby Dogma » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:45 pm

I think it is an interesting idea... would be beneficial for both the server(funds towards the upkeep) and the players. Had similar ideas in the past, so I rather like it. We will have to see what Thoth thinks about it. ;)
Dogma
Administrator

Postby Perseus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:20 am

I think you shouldn't add many P2P items until your servers are having a decent amount of loyal players.
You might chase them away.
I 'd suggest proceed further in development and smoothening the game until it can stand steady and becomes interesting for the greater, and especially younger public (they'd be bored with this game in the current state, with all the MMORPG competition) and most new players won't even give it a fair chance, because they get fully lost when entering the game.
Perseus
Young

Postby Thoth » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:10 am

I actually think this could work! Would certainly help us gain money for a small server pc, just for BM.
Thoth
Administrator

Postby Demon Killa » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Maybe to move this idea along, a vote for the currently existing community.

I'd be more than happy myself to donate for a set of totes, account bound of course.
Demon Killa
Adult

Postby Alaster » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:53 pm

I would definitely do it, but I don't think I would give $25 for each set. I'd want them on all of my accounts, and I really don't think they're worth $200.

What power would they have? I don't think they should be higher than anything available.
Alaster
Mature

Postby Thoth » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Doubting between Lava or Star totem power.. But nothing is certain yet, not the power, nor price.
Thoth
Administrator

Postby Psychofighter » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14 pm

I like the idea of Donor totems. Considering they are the 1 thing in game you have to make over and over again which can be tedious at times lol. If these were ever put into game I don't think $25 is much to ask for as a min donation to receive them. If these were put into the game they would have to be as strong or stronger then the high end totem in game imo. Otherwise there really isn't a good reason to Donate said amount to receive them. There are many ways to go about it that I won't ramble on about but in all rights the concept is a good idea just how to implement it where people wont complain is key.
Psychofighter
Young

Postby Lopsided » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:54 pm

I agree with Alaster on pricing and Psycho on power. For this deal to be viable, you need them to be at least Star power AND upgradable to the highest power if more become available. Totes, while tedious to maintain, are becoming increasingly manageable every power gain due to rapidly increasing duration. Stars are a pretty easy/quick quest and a full set lasts 2 weeks.

As per the pricing issue, most (if not all) of us run many accounts. Would these totems be readily available to us, or would they be one donation one set? These issues, IMO, would make or break this idea.
Lopsided
Young Adult

Next

Return to Development