Quests

Got any ideas?

Quests

Postby Dogma » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Here it is, an update to quests ;)

I have spent my night/morning going over the quest script, and discussing things with Thoth. I am pleased to say, I am looking forward to updating and adding new quests.

At the moment, the star quest has had a quick update. This removed Thieving Spirit and Anubis from the RotD to kill list, but we added the wraith family in its place. We have also removed Dagon as the final boss in the quest line. We have added some bats, and then made a Baphomet the temporary final boss. That was just a quick change to address a couple issues we have had concerning it. I am working further to update/change it for the better, including removing Baphomet and adding a new, unique mob for the final boss. I expect to have this ready to be added within the next 24 hours.

Another big change I plan to have ready within the next 24 hours will be change to the silver quest. Again I will continue to work on it afterwards, but want to do a small change to help people in the meantime. At this time, I am planning to take the quest from 70 Lizard men, to 20, and removing the need to run back. It will be 20 lizard men in a row. There will be no follow-up quests at the moment, though I plan to change/revise that in the future.

The reward for killing these 20 lizard men will be 2 of the dusts that have effects(Blue, Red, White, and Silver). 3 Blacks and Greens, as this quest is the main source of getting them. I will boost the Gold dust given out to 10, as they are only useful to smiths, and this is the main way of getting them, I feel they should not take so long to accumulate. Doing the quest in this manner will make it easier for people to spend only as long as they want on the quest, doing it once or twice if they don't have much time on. This will also cut down greatly on the time spent running to the Deeper Lab.

These aren't permanent solutions, these are just quick, simple fixes. They should hopefully fix some of the issues you guys have had. I am open to any feedback/suggestions. Hope this fixes some things for you guys :)
Dogma
Administrator

Re: Quests

Postby Dogma » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:44 pm

So far, the quest changes have done really well. Some good feedback from them. This weekend, I will be have more updates ready to be introduced.

The big change this update, is a complete rework of the Elm quest.

Minor updates include story rework for silver quest, slight story rework on chrome(because I like stories), and then a follow-up quest for silver quest, that fits in with the original lizard/silver storyline.

The original lizard/silver storyline from when they were first introduced, is courtesy of Gabriella Imp, so a big thanks to Gabs for that.

Dogma,
Blade Mistress Administrator
Dogma
Administrator

Postby Yuritau » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:43 pm

re: the Star quest. Instead of Baphomet, you could have the final boss be a spawned (at a random specified deep lab square, perhaps) unique creature. Some sort of lizard maybe, or a big mean vampire, etc.
Yuritau
Adult

Postby Dogma » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:26 pm

We are quite limited in what we can do with the quests. However, star quest was changed a while ago, and no longer uses DL bosses. The quest line now ends with specially spawned bosses. You are welcome to try it out ;)

Quest changes will need to be addressed on wiki soon, sorry for the mix-up. :)

Dogma,
Blade Mistress Returns Administrator
Dogma
Administrator

Postby Dogma » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:42 pm

And the new quest update has just gone live!

Every single quest has been updated in this newest release! Hopefully for the better, and hope everyone enjoys the new quests. I will post an updated description of all quests later on. Thank you everyone for your patience and support! Enjoyed scripting them for you.

Dogma, (smelly guy)
Blade Mistress Returns Administrator
Dogma
Administrator

Return to Development