Merchant Limits

Got any ideas?

Re: Merchant Limits

Postby Seohyun » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 am

Demon Killa wrote:P.S. On an aside, is there any way that town merchants can refresh while people are standing on their square?

Not refreshing is intentionally design, presumably. It protects against an accidentally sold item being deleted by the refresh, or meats being cleaned out before they could be purchased back.
Seohyun
Young

Postby Demon Killa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Is there a way to have one, or maybe a couple, 'wholesale' merchants, who would have all the ingots, beads, amulets you wanted.

So, if you want to buy 1000's and 1000's you go to them. Otherwise, you go to the regular merchants.

Maybe also, you can only buy from them, so the refresh could be instant...
Demon Killa
Adult

Postby Alaster » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Demon Killa wrote:Is there a way to have one, or maybe a couple, 'wholesale' merchants, who would have all the ingots, beads, amulets you wanted.

So, if you want to buy 1000's and 1000's you go to them. Otherwise, you go to the regular merchants.

That's kinda the route I was thinking, but I just assumed that all of the merchants shared the same inventory...although, each one does sell different totems. There may be hope for this idea afterall.
Alaster
Mature

Postby Seohyun » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Demon Killa wrote:Is there a way to have one, or maybe a couple, 'wholesale' merchants, who would have all the ingots, beads, amulets you wanted.

I think these are likely outside the capabilities until we can start updating hard coded content. However, when that time comes I think a more robust solution that responds to the community would be better. For instance, a 'merchant spec' which allows the guild to place their own merchant that refreshes with speclvl^2 * standard refresh amount. (e.g. for ingots, lvl 1 -> 100 ingots on refresh, level 2 -> 400 ingots on refresh, level 3 -> 900 ingots on refresh, etc) Potentially with a small percentage (10%?) of the income being assigned to the guild to go towards spec fund. This would allow guilds to invest in the player market, create what is essentially a 10% investment in one's guild (to the extent that it is possible given refresh amount and period), and would provide the foundation for merchant amounts to grow with and to the extent of the players. It would also potentially lay the foundation for a more open player market in which guild merchants could also sell non-refreshing items (essentially creating a guild shop).
Seohyun
Young

Postby Dogma » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:35 am

A nice idea there Seo ;) I have enjoyed guild/players houses in my previous mmos... Merchant is a nice idea, could probably do a couple other little guild things as well :) I like the creative thinking there ;)
Dogma
Administrator

Postby Alaster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:43 am

Since I am only good at posting "useless" topics that are old, here's another one: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42
Alaster
Mature

Postby Dogma » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:02 am

Lol Alaster. I wouldn't consider them useless. However we have decided to take the initiative to improve what we can in the game... so it is just that topics that happened a year or 2 or more ago, don't have much to do with the current suggested changes. We have only recently decided it is time to stop going with the "that is how it's always been" excuse, and actually make some positive changes to the game that people have been wanting for years. Those older posts just reinforce the fact they have been wanted for years, but for whatever reason they never made it past posts. Now we are trying to improve things, and prefer fresh/current input The past is the past.

Now having said that, the post you linked is a cool idea imo. It is not quite relevant to this topic... But it is an excellent idea and I'm glad you posted it. One of my favorite MMOs, Dark Age of Camelot, implemented "Consignment Merchants" to guild housing that did just that. I loved that addition myself, and it was a useful way to sell stuff I did not need myself, that other players might. I am rather glad you linked that old post, would love to see that if we ever manage to get the ability for true changes ;)
Dogma
Administrator

Postby Alaster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Dogma wrote:Lol Alaster. I wouldn't consider them useless. However we have decided to take the initiative to improve what we can in the game... so it is just that topics that happened a year or 2 or more ago, don't have much to do with the current suggested changes. We have only recently decided it is time to stop going with the "that is how it's always been" excuse, and actually make some positive changes to the game that people have been wanting for years. Those older posts just reinforce the fact they have been wanted for years, but for whatever reason they never made it past posts. Now we are trying to improve things, and prefer fresh/current input The past is the past.

Now having said that, the post you linked is a cool idea imo. It is not quite relevant to this topic... But it is an excellent idea and I'm glad you posted it. One of my favorite MMOs, Dark Age of Camelot, implemented "Consignment Merchants" to guild housing that did just that. I loved that addition myself, and it was a useful way to sell stuff I did not need myself, that other players might. I am rather glad you linked that old post, would love to see that if we ever manage to get the ability for true changes ;)

That was the whole point of linking the old topics...to show that the want and need has been there; therefore, it should be done. I don't care of the content in the post, only that it was suggested in the past.

"It is not quite relevant to this topic"...it is as relevant as Seohyun's post. They're both of the same idea: guild merchants.
Alaster
Mature

Postby Dogma » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 am

That was the whole point of linking the old topics...to show that the want and need has been there; therefore, it should be done. I don't care of the content in the post, only that it was suggested in the past.

It was, and we are aware of that. Now it has been suggested again for the current server situation, but thank you for that.

"It is not quite relevant to this topic"...it is as relevant as Seohyun's post. They're both of the same idea: guild merchants.

Sorry, but it is not. Seohyun's post addresses the topic(Merchant Limits) by a guild purchasing a merchant with increased limits. A good idea, but out of our hands atm. While the post you linked is a COMPLETELY different idea from that, and is in no way relevant to increased merchant limits. Perhaps you should try to stay on topic. We are looking for current/helpful feedback on a revisited issue. If the post is not on topic or a post of your own thoughts, would prefer it not find its way on to here. Thanks.

Dogma,
BM Administration
Dogma
Administrator

Postby Dogma » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:38 am

Wanted an update for this... Ingot limit we have learned can be increased with some work... Beads/Demon amulets don't seem to be as simple. We are trying to test some other things, so the server won't have to be brought down multiple times over merchant limit increases... However, if nothing else, we can implement higher ingot limits and save the beads/demon amulets for a later update. Will do my best to keep everyone updated as I receive information.
Dogma
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Development