New staff

Got any ideas?

New staff

Postby Bobwl » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Hello,

I was thinking of a new staff with even higher power. Staffs still kinda suck, so mages deserve a better one and also nothing wrong with a some extra magic lvls.
We got 2 new ignots so why not 2 staves aswel.
My idea is to change the drops of storm creatures into the new staff (If this is possibel)
It would make storm hunting more challeging and I think we got enough quests already.
Let me know what you think.
Bobwl
Young Adult

Re: New staff

Postby Thoth » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:44 am

It is the magic level and stat of the person who infuses the staff that increases it's power and charges. The staff type got nothing to do with the power, except for increasing the amount of charges.
Thoth
Administrator

Postby Alaster » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:52 am

Still allows us to get a few more magic levels...
Alaster
Mature

Postby Thoth » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:07 am

There is the Elm staff created for that, which is available at the South/Western Fingle which. The Elm staff allows you to raise your magic levels to 44.
Thoth
Administrator

Postby Alaster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:30 am

Yeah, but I think he was wanting something else above Elm? I'm in favor of anything that allows me to get closer to the skill cap before I have to run favors.
Alaster
Mature

Postby Null Fighter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Lol but al, we all know how you love to run favors :P
Null Fighter
Young

Postby Bobwl » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:26 am

Ok, because I didn't really believe that a better staff doesn’t influences the power of the staff I ran some test.
(Why would I always have used oak staffs for meat farming and not pine staffs if only the wv matters?)
I imbued a onyx staff with 127.19wv, then I imbued a pine staff which hit 146.16wv.
If only the wv matters the pine staff would be stronger then onyx right?
For comparison I also imbued a bruce staff at 128,85 although its a little bit higher then the onyx, these staff should almost do the same damage.
First I hit a iron golem with my Onyx staff with this as a result.
Then hit another golem with the Pine staff.
At last I equip my bruce staff and hit a another Iron golem, of course again outside the range of a Din staff.
So I think this proves that indeed the staff type has a significant influence on its power.

Can I now have my staff please? :D
Last edited by Bobwl on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bobwl
Young Adult

Postby deviless » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:56 am

wen farmin for meats i have never used oaks - always spruce.
dont ask me why just have lol
deviless
Adult

Postby Thoth » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Bobwl wrote:Ok, because I didn't really believe that a better staff doesn’t influences the power of the staff I ran some test.
(Why would I always have used oak staffs for meat farming and not pine staffs if only the wv matters?)
I imbued a onyx staff with 127.19wv, then I imbued a pine staff which hit 146.16wv.
If only the wv matters the pine staff would be stronger then onyx right?
For comparison I also imbued a bruce staff at 128,85 although its a little bit higher then the onyx, these staff should almost do the same damage.
First I hit a iron golem with my Onyx staff with this as a result.
http://i42.tinypic.com/14ilrub.png
Then hit another golem with the Pine staff.
http://i44.tinypic.com/35ko4k2.png
At last I equip my bruce staff and hit a another Iron golem, of course again outside the range of a Din staff.
http://i43.tinypic.com/1087m79.png
So I think this proves that indeed the staff type has a significant influence on its power.

Can I now have my staff please? :D

Interesting. :)

But this still does not take away the fact that there is a better staff in the game already, which is the Elm Staff, rewarded from the South Western witch in Fingle.
Thoth
Administrator

Return to Development