Non-Stick Totem

Got any ideas?

Non-Stick Totem

Postby Doompuppet » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

No, not the totem that keeps you from getting stuck in spider-webs. :)

It might be nice to have a totem that lets you freely leave squares you would otherwise be "stuck" on.

In other words, a totem that lets you veto the "forced confrontation" in emergencies, etc. - Like if a bunch of creatures come strolling over when you were looking for 1 on 1. :D
Doompuppet
Developer | Carune Online

Re: Non-Stick Totem

Postby Yuritau » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:29 pm

If that were ever introduced, I would think it would have to be more like a stat totem than any of the other more mundane totems. Give it the same durations as stat totems, and have the number of times it will let you evade a sticky square be equal to the square root of the number of favors included. once the last charge is used, poof, gone. You'd have to make it so the totem only deducts a charge when you LEAVE a sticky square. Staying and fighting doesn't affect charges.
Yuritau
Adult

Postby iresh » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

perhaps if it didn't work in geo's it might be a interesting non exploit :). the simple fact is there no death penalty. which is why i still play the game and not concerned if a ton of mobs kill me...
iresh
Young Adult

Postby Yuritau » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Actually, I'd be more inclined to say it should only work in geos, since that's basically the only place where there IS a penalty for dying, lol. If it was done as I suggested, the limited charges and the expense in the form of favors would keep it from being over-used, i think.
Yuritau
Adult

Postby iresh » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:13 pm

well i see a few issues with it. one too easy heart gems. about the time you find out your not powerful enough to battle the monsters it pointless anyways. i truly see a cheat here bypassing the sentinel you can't kill. which i suspect the original poster intended by the comment.
iresh
Young Adult

Postby Yuritau » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:57 pm

That argument is kinda irrelevant. Heart gems are already the easiest thing in the world to get, if that's all you're after. You need never fight a single monster to get all the heart gems you want if you use spirit geos.
Yuritau
Adult

Postby Doompuppet » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:47 am

It's not intended as a cheat. Essentially I can battle certain monsters in these areas, with the benefit of having them be plentiful, but then if a single creature I can't beat strolls over, or I get teamed up on by more than I intended, it's instant death.

There's a difference between a penalty for death and forced death, etc.
Doompuppet
Developer | Carune Online

Return to Development