New Mob: Gremlin

If you have worked out ideas share them with us!

Moderator: Teamleader | Carune Online

New Mob: Gremlin

Postby Doompuppet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:06 am

Gremlins would be part clean-up crew, part pest, and part lottery. :)

When you kill a creature and leave a drop unattented, or drop items and leave them there, any Gremlins spawned in the vicinity would be drawn to the drop.

Gremlins are about knee height, and fly about head hight, like fat pidgeons.

They land near a drop, then waddle toward it slowly. This gives a player time to snatch the drop if they really want it.

If the Gremlin reaches the drop, it picks it up! The items in the drop are gone, and the Gremlin takes off again! They're little scavengers that clean up the map, and act as incentive to keep track of drops from mobs you're fighting.

Here's the "lottery" part... killing a Gremlin will make it drop random items. Nothing too expensive, just things you might find useful like randomized ingots, etc.

I even did a really bad sketch! I did this in straight laundrey marker, and added in detail with a sharpie, so no boos or hisses, please. XD

In the future, maybe Gremlins could also cause wear and tear on structures. If you can someday build, say, a catapult, and it can be damaged by attacks - maybe Gremlns would go after it, taking it apart.

(Plus, the same behavior could be used for other mobs in other realms. For example, the Realm of the Dead could have Crows that act the same way, swooping, waddling, and removing drops from the map.)
Doompuppet
Developer | Carune Online

Re: New Mob: Gremlin

Postby Dekker3D » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Looks amusing. A bit like the thieving spirit, except it doesn't steal from anything that lives. I like it. Might be a pest to keep track of though, in more than one way.
Dekker3D
Elder

Postby Nephilim » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 pm

I like this idea a lot
Nephilim
Teamleader | Carune Online

Postby MVM » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:01 am

Great idea :)
MVM
Teamleader | Carune Online