Write a bm history

This is where you dump your brainfarts if you want to flesh them out with the rest of the community

Moderator: Teamleader | Carune Online

Write a bm history

Postby Stronghold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Hello Lady's and gentleman, boys and girls
and if you don't recognise yourself in one of those, others

Ideas about a storyline in game have came up. And BMII team would like to see what they can do to realise that.
But they're very busy with the modelling and programming of the new game. So their question to you:

- Will you write us a Blade Mistress story?

If you like to write, this is your moment. Write one or more chapters that could tell a part of the bm history.
If you read a post, with a story you like from someone else, and you want to go on with their story, go ahead.

If you wanna write history in your life, now is the time. Write the bm history!!
Stronghold Blade Mistress' Lady Justice
Stronghold
Developer | Carune Online

Re: Write a bm history

Postby Dekker3D » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:18 am

a few story-related possibilities, that might or might not happen, are these:
- friendly npcs with names from the story wandering about, referring to story events and possibly interacting with the players
- playing out some story events in the game itself. this would involve a large amount of community quests (quests done with a group, where a big reward is shared, as opposed to personal quests like the witches') and one requirement would be that enough players actually show an interest in the story. if we make a challenge for 100 players and only 10 show up, well.. yeah.
- custom item rewards that don't mess up the game balance, like crafting alterations, special clothes and non-combat pets.
- perhaps even a sort of reputation reward if we add a faction system. such a system does not seem hard to implement, so it could allow for a few interesting and easy additions.
Dekker3D
Elder

Postby Stronghold » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 pm

BM History By Tork

Long ago, the Goddess of the Blade came down into the world. At the time, very few people were alive, for all the men had died at war. The goddess saw this as an opportunity, and granted the remaining peoples eternal life. They also learned of the great spirits and how to harness magics produced by the spirits’ embodiments. This led to the creation of demons, possessed monsters, revenants, and many more terible monsters being created. Fortunately, the Goddess of the Blade also left her precious metals scattered through the land and gave her people extrordinary skills which they used to become more powerful. As smiths created new weapons for fighters and mages blessed them with totems that could do everything from scattering a spider web to lending immense strength, the world of Blademistress was slowly uncovered. What lay ahead was unforseen, and no one would be able to win the war raging.

As Fighters conquered all of the tasks set before them, even the infamous Trickster had to bow his knee. Magicians, then bored, started fooling around in darker magics, creating magical dusts. They used these dusts to try to teleport themselves around the world, but instead made portals to alternate, magical realms. The Dragon Realm, which is where the dragons origonated from, and where the orcs still reside, the Realm of Pain, filled with every horrid creature, boss, and unkilled possessed monster ever created, the Spirit Realm, ruled by Dokk and his minions, where the spirits of dead creatures linger until even in death they are killed, and the Realm of the Dead, ruled by Anubis and his bone armies, where banshees and bone warlords run rampant.

Still further into the magical depths was discovered a labyrinth that went spiraling into the unknown depths of the world. Stronger and better trained waited at every depth, but faced with these challenges, the Mistresses of the Blade continued to train and hunt, even into their own created dungeons, to find better metal, harder creatures, and larger armies.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Tork Send me this story, and I'd like to share this with you all.
We're still open for other ideas, or it would be nice too if someone might find a base in this story.
Please share any idea you have. You don't need a finished story, let people finish yours.
Stronghold Blade Mistress' Lady Justice
Stronghold

Postby sam witch » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:11 pm

This is damned interesting and plenty of room for expansion. We could even use elements of this for main quests. Nice one Tork. Can you expand on this more?
sam witch
Young Adult

Postby Thoth » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:35 pm

He told me that other people are allowed to expand it as well :)
Thoth
Administrator

Postby tork » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks, and i would like to see people expand on this, but at the moment i am writing scholarship essays so i dont have much time, college and all
tork
Adult

Postby Doompuppet » Mon May 23, 2011 5:51 am

Realm-traversing pilgrims. Refugees from a cruel and vein deity.

This is what the "Daughters of Anathema" have been called. Long ago, an Elder God kept all humans in slavery. Some as servants, others as nourishment, and still others as wives to some day sire his unholy brood... dark, twisted creatures who would someday bring about the end of all realms.

However, hope came in the form of Anathema, a mysterious and kind Goddess from beyond the known realms. This embodyment of the female spirit plucked the Elder God's brides from slavery, both freeing them and ending the cycle that would supposedly cause armageddon.

Now, several generations later (the Daughters and Anathema, like the Greek Amazons, procreate with males before disappearing once more to traverse reality) Anathema's followers have settled within a far-off, uncharted realm - upon an island.

Like any newly arrived pioneers, the Daughters of Anathema must tame the island, establish a civilization, and destroy threats to the sisterhood... including not only brutally violent native species, but also the beings of darkness who just might be in the service of a certain Elder God who would like very much to rekindle his plans of destruction...

So there you go, just a little thing. I purposefully left out names of certain characters/places because, honestly, I figure that would be your choice.

If this story even sticks. It might be to casual and light - but that's just how I personally prefer things. It allows for multiple realms, has the spark of an overarching plot, and establishes the whole "why are there evil things after me, and why is everyone a woman" thing.

Edit: Cleaned up some typos. What? No, I don't make typos, I just write too fast for the English language to keep up!
Last edited by Doompuppet on Tue May 24, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doompuppet

Postby tork » Tue May 24, 2011 3:43 pm

That's a dang good story right there! I might just have to take that and run with it!
tork
Adult

Postby Doompuppet » Tue May 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Thanks. :B It borrows a bit from Greek mythology, of course, but hey...
Doompuppet

Postby tork » Fri May 27, 2011 1:13 am

What good fantasy doesn't, right?
tork
Adult

Return to Brainstorms