Creature Reactions & "Livestock"

This is where you dump your brainfarts if you want to flesh them out with the rest of the community

Moderator: Teamleader | Carune Online

Creature Reactions & "Livestock"

Postby Doompuppet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Me again. Hooray! XD

Anyway, wanted to leave a note about a couple more concepts...

Creature Reactions

I'm not sure what's planned, so forgive me if I step on any toes, but here are some ideas on how NPCs/monsters/creatures/Mobs could react to a player, other than attacking or not attacking...

NPC Combat Actions (Largely unexplained for sake of brevity, for now.)

* Flee from attack, all the time, randomly, or when low on HP/MP.
** Example: You swing at a chicken. It runs the heck away!

* Flee from powerful attack, all the time, randomly, or when low on HP/MP.
** Example: A giant snake wants to fight you, but your attack is so powerful, it runs!

* Teleport from attack, all the time, randomly, or when low on HP/MP.
** Example: You find a magic Mob you're supposed to be nice to. You attack, and he's so shocked he teleports to another part of the map!

* Teleport from powerful attack, all the time, randomly, or when low on HP/MP.
** Example: An evil wizard wants to fight you, but you attack so powerfully that he teleports to another part of the map!

* Attempt to block player from leaving tile, all the time, randomly, or after attack.
** Example: You try to run away from a Giant Spider, but it uses a strand of web to keep you there! (with chance of it failing, etc.)

* Attempt to attack player WHILE they leave, all the time, randomly, or after attack.
** Example: You run away. While you're running, a fireball hits you in the back! What a dirty trick.

* Spawn other NPC of certain type(s) when attacked, randomly, or low on HP/MP (and with cap on number, possible MP/HP cost to NPC).
** Example: You're about to kill the mother of all Giant Spiders, when she spits out a bunch of smaller spiders to attack you! Now you have to kill THEM, too!

* "Eat" other NPC of certain type(s) and gain its HP/MP, randomly or when low HP/MP.
** Example: You're fighting a Dragon, when all of a sudden it eats a nearby mob!! Now it's just a bit stronger!

* Entirely Unattackable. (For special circumstances.)
** Example: One of the Gods has appeared. The several stories tall diety is destroying everything in its path until someone finds the sacred scroll it wants! Better not attack it, you'd be fried.

I have a LOT more thoughts on mob actions, but I'll spread it out over time, if it's even wanted. :)

Livestock

Personally, I'd love to see "normal" creatures in the "normal realm". Not ONLY normal creatures, but there should be some, right?

If there's a village, there should be some indication of farming to get the village's food. So... livestock NPCs.

For example...

* Chickens & Roosters - Chickens run from players, Roosters attack. Both are easy kills. They group together.

* Pigs - Attack if threatened. Easy kill, but stronger than chickens. They do not group together.

* Sheep - Sheep run from players, but attack if necessary (like low on health). They have a pretty good ram attack. There would be the rare Black Sheep (like the "Black sheep of the family") which would attack on sight if you get too close, and would have its stats increased. They group together.

* Cows & Bulls - Cows attack if threatened, Bulls attack on sight if you get too close. Both are harder to kill than pigs. Bulls would have very strong charge attacks. They do not group together.

* Horses - Okay, so this is not really livestock, but there should be normal horses. Not as difficult to fight as Bulls, but stronger than Cows. Stick a horn or wings on the Horse model and it can be reused later as Unicorn or Pegasus. They do not group together.

What do you get for dealing with livetock? Easy meat/food, and in the case of sheep, perhaps wool for crafting certain things. Of course, since the meat/food is easier to get, it wouldn't be anywhere near as beneficial as, say, Dragon meat.

Plus, it's a good place to "start out" for new players. Before you go fighting giant spiders, see if you can take on a flock of sheep. :D

And as I say... good for "realism" of a villiage. Maybe other monsters could even attack livestock when coming into the area. That way there's the added gameplay of protecting the villiage and its resources.

When combined with what I posted above about mob actions, imagine a Dragon invades the villiage, and every time it eats a Livestock mob, it gains HP back!
Doompuppet
Developer | Carune Online

Return to Brainstorms