BM Progress report #5

Our development team will announce the needed information here.

Moderator: Teamleader | Carune Online

BM Progress report #5

Postby Mitch » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Good evening all!

I just wanted to give you guys a small update on our current situation;

Dekker3D is taking a short break, due to private reasons.
As there wouldn't be any leader while Dekker is absent, I offered to fill in his position.
The team decided this would be for the best, and I directly started working on the project.

We have stumbled upon a few problems with the engine as we developed our game in the 0.85 noncommercial version, and we recently upgraded to the 0.91 commercial licensed version. We've tried to merge our custom 0.85 files with the 0.91 but that failed. Now we have to start programming from scratch on the 0.91 version.
Luckily this is not a huge problem, as we have some great members on our team!
k0ntr0led is doing most/all of our game programming, MVM is working the map (and everything related to environment design) like a beast, I currently am a jack of all trades, I lead the team, which consumes most of my time. I am also a 3D modeler, and I took the role of character & weapon designer upon me.
Dekker is half active, he is a good modeler and programmer, and he will help when and where he can.
I haven't heard much of Swift or Zelena lately, both are really busy on their study, I believe.
HSDrac011 and XanderCole are trying hard to learn Blender, they are making fast progress.

We've also been trying to gather developers (modelers/animators/programmers) on a few forums, including Mortal Online. We've had some people that were interested in joining/helping us, and I am still having contact with them.

I have noticed that the whole team got more motivated after I took the lead, so that is certainly a good thing!

Also: showing some goodness later this week/next week! Stay tuned ;)
Mitch
Teamleader | Carune Online

Re: BM Progress report #5

Postby KingRiz3n » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:50 am

awesome sauc3 ^^
KingRiz3n
Young Adult

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:18 am

I am glad you are excited!

I am very excited myself as well, I can't wait to show you guys the goodness already!
Mitch

Postby tork » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Im Kind of a noob programmer, what language are you writing the game in? I may be able to conjure something up if im bored(which i am a lot lately)
tork
Adult

Postby Mitch » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:47 pm

C# :)
Mitch

Postby Justtom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Hmmm... What do you guys model with becouse i only know how to use Google sketch up. Lame i know :D
Justtom
Adult

Postby Mitch » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Most/all of us use Blender. As long as you can export to .obj ( which you can ) there should be no problem :)
Mitch

Postby Justtom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Mitch wrote:Most/all of us use Blender. As long as you can export to .obj ( which you can ) there should be no problem :)

Well now thats great! I will give you a small sample of what i made that looks pretty good so far, if you dont mind... But, to tell you the truth i dont think theyre good enough... (il PM you)
Justtom
Adult

Return to Announcements