BMReturns has closed officially.

What's new in the world of Blade Mistress?

BMReturns has closed officially.

Postby Thoth » Wed May 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Dear players,

For many, many years I have enjoyed hosting and maintaining BMReturns.
Unfortunately at this moment of time, I do not have the time and energy to give BM what it needs.
On top of that, Punisher has released the source code of BM, which I do gladly appreciate, but for BMReturns it came a little too late.

A new server has risen, BMReborn, which I fully endorse.
They do have the resources, time and energy give BM the code it needs.
They have already made a good few of improvements on BM, and I couldn't be happier to see them succeed!

I have offered them any help and support I could possibly give them, including the userfiles, guild files and questscripts.
They have kindly refused the offer, other than the quest scripts.

I am very sorry this is how the server went down, It has been anything but respectful to the community. Life has unforunately been too hectic to me.

I am very grateful for the 14-15 years I've been allowed to be your Admin and Server Host.
It has been a pleasure, and I am hopeful we will see eachother in the future, on BMReborn or on Carune.

Kindest regards,
Thoth.
Thoth
Administrator

Re: BMReturns has closed officially.

Postby Fingolfin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:42 am

Damn. It's been 14-15 years already? That's longer than I thought it went on for. Nobody would blame you for letting it go after such a long time. And yes, the way it went was not ideal but still you deserve a lot of credit and all our thanks for keeping it alive for all these years.

At least the game survives... Barely. Few good improvements, other non-improvements. Several things I've seen these past months there make me sad. The confirmation that the userfiles from this BM (and assuming neither those from Pun) will be used is a big mistake. For me this is it as well, I'm afraid.

Anyhow, thanks to Thoth for hosting all these years and doing all with the possible resources back then. It wasn't much he could do (with no source code and all), but he did keep the game and the spirit of it alive. It's been enjoyable! And hey, I did end this game on high levels! (character- and dodgewise, that is)
Fingolfin
Young Adult

Re: BMReturns has closed officially.

Postby Thoth » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:57 pm

I do keep the userfiles safe, offered them to BMREBORN staff, but they declined. I won't delete them, as the future may still bring some changed, but too early to decide yet. I do not have the ability to program on my own
Thoth
Administrator

Return to Announcements