New Cypher quest

Upcoming events will be posted here!

New Cypher quest

Postby Cypher » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:44 pm

I would like to make another quest event for players, but I would like some feedback, about what we want to do. If you have a suggestion post it here, I will read them as they come in and put something together. ie do we want another mob hunt, or a scavenger hunt, some puzzles...
Cypher
Administrator

Re: New Cypher quest

Postby Exist » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:57 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but I was just thinking about this in game and remember I wanted to reply to this ages ago.

I actually just want to say that I don't really mind what the event is, but recently its a little boring in BM and we just need something to give us to do. Something regular would be great. Maybe a collection would be good and puzzles are useful as long as they are explained and not to easy. Something worth doing would also be great.

Whatever it is, I think we need something to get going because other wise people get bored. Be nice just to break up the norm of skilling and hunting.

That is all....
Exist
Young

Postby Andraste » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:44 am

Lol. Do a random drop event... something long and complicated, yet still fun. But something soloable(or close to it) and it have random reward, ranging from like 3 or 5 mil or so... 10 blacks and greens... 5 red, whites, and blues... 5 silvers... 3 az... 1 chrome... or a shard. And different chances for drops... like the gold, blacks and greens, or and 5 of the other 3 drop like 70-80% of the time... 5 silvers or 5 az drop like 20%... the chrome have like a 5%, and shard 1 or 2%... Idea has a lot of holes, but that's because I'm leaving it up for thoughts/suggestions/improvements. For instance... if quest takes 2-4 hours... might only get gold or the common dusts(but still not bad), or might get better luck and get some az or silvers... if you get really lucky you could get a chrome, which would be nice for people that cant solo the quest and play at times when noone is on... and maybe, just maybe, someone can pop a shard. But make it where it isn't unreasonable... might do quest 2-3 times a day with no shard for weeks, or get lucky and get one within days. Not much difference than doing breakers... all up to chance... can even have worse odds then breakers if you'd like, but would be a good change-up from nonstop aging, and would be a chance for lower/mediocre characters to get their hands on some az or chrome, and 2-3 hours on it if u get 5 silvers, wouldnt be much dif than the 8 u get for 3-4 hours doing silver quest. Just be kinda like a lottery thing... Invest time on it and possibly get gold or dusts u didnt really need, but possibly get something good from it. Vet players can run it for easy drops/gold, and hopefully chance of shard, newer/lower level players its a gamble, chance for them to get some az or chrome if they cannot solo the quests. Just a thought, and would really like to get peoples thoughts upon it. I know I didn't give actual quest ideas, but I think its a worthwhile reward Idea, and seems like it would be manageable.
Andraste
Adult

Postby Alaster » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:58 am

I never did agree with closing the gap between mediocre and good players. Doesn't really apply to this game, as it literally doesn't take any skill at all, just time. In other MMOs, though, I would be wholeheartedly against it, and probably even in this one. I feel like it would be an easier/less time-consuming way to do something that is already easy enough to obtain.

I'm also a fanboy of the original game, prior to new staves/ingots coming out, especially an ingot that skipped a power level. I'm pretty adamant about not changing the game randomly and without thought.
Alaster
Mature

Postby Andraste » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:34 am

Well to an extent I agree, but in other games generally skill comes into factor, in blademistress, someone with more time to play can generally get ahead... and for people that do not remember their info from puns server compared to those that do... simple mistake, and yet it seperates them greatly. And I'm not saying make the quest easy so anyone can do it... but also like i said make it a gamble... doing the quest doesn't ensure a "mediocre"(perhaps i used the wrong term in original post) will magically get ahead, but it gives players that are serious about playing and don't have the luxury of having played in the old days when there were tons of people on to help and do stuff with, etc., a chance to get something big and save some time... but also It would be something new and interesting, and something people could do together. If someone in my guild was working on a weapon and needed a shard and dusts and all that, could do quest as a guild, and possibly get that shard sooner, if not everyone would still get something decent out of it, and possibly, just possibly, something quite good. But it was just a suggestion, don't actually plan to see it implemented, especially as this is quite an old topic, but I appreciate the feedback ;) hope to get more.
Andraste
Adult

Postby Andraste » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:41 am

Mediocre wasn't the appropriate term I believe. But I was also thinking of a quest that all players could benefit from, instead of just another high-end quest(such as chrome) that only the big players can do, therefore creating even a larger gap. This idea seemed a more player-friendly/universal quest idea ;) I was thinking of players such as myself, or other players that have started back and have had some rough patches which took our ability to play away for months at a time, people without those problems grew further ahead. And they deserve everything they have. And I'm not looking at this quest as a way for someone, or myself, to "Catch up", I will likely never catch up to most of you. But I think it would be something fun to do, and it would be a gamble, but it could possibly pay off. Besides someone who is on a crap streak aging breakers, could take a break and do this quest if they wanted, or someone who only has 1 or 2 weapons, and cant find anyone on to do the quest with them, will have a chance of getting what they need from the quest. As I said, just an idea, and one I personally like, but if nobody else does, than its out and if another Idea comes to me I'll suggest that ;) Just throwing something out there to see what people think. Just think this is something... Different. Random. New :P
Andraste
Adult

Return to Blade Mistress Events