Current Issues with Blade Mistress

Discuss about things that happen in game.

Current Issues with Blade Mistress

Postby Eah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello community,

the server is currently down again for more than three weeks. Again, towers and guilds may be lost.
This is not acceptable, also the current server admin remains in silence.

Thanks to a fellow player, I got hands on old server files.
There was a lot to update and many things were corrupt.
However, I managed to alter the game files so that the game is very similar to Thoth's server.
It runs smoothly and stable, ready to hook on. Also it runs on a dedicated PC with auto-backup solution.

Will Thoth continue to host the server? Will he pass on server/user files? Will he make other players admin on his server?
Who has rights to the game? Will players join a new server without user files? Should I make the server open to public?

What are your thoughts? Please comment
Last edited by Eah on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eah
Mature

Re: Current Issues with Blade Mistress

Postby Cyber » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:18 pm

I'd join you on this new server because i have been playing this game since i was a kid and i would like to play again but seeing as i have emailed thoth that i would continue the game and host it on a ded pc in my home he has since told me that he would think about it but it wouldnt happen in the near future because he is more focused on this Carune Online game instead of the amazing world of Blade Mistress and i would even restart this game with no user files and just completely start over again.
Cyber
Young

Postby Eah » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Thank you for your support and the patience.

Updates:

- Still no message from Thoth
- The developers of BM still own the rights to the game, I contacted Punisher - waiting for response
- My ISP will give me static IP and webspace on next Tuesday, i plan to put the Client Files on there for public download
- Server still is stable, no issues so far, a player is running tests

Maybe i will upload two versions for the Client, one regular and one with the old graphics.
Eah
Mature

Postby Raharanor » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Wow it's been some time since I've posted on here! :D

Anyways, have noticed that the game client has been down for over three weeks and that in itself is worrying. Not sure why Thoth would let the server go for that long without seeing to a server issue when some people still like to play Blademistress.

Your idea for having server files similar to Thoth's server and the old server is a good place to start Eah, as well as the alterations you have already made.

Raharanor/Minanda the Knightmaiden.
Raharanor
Young Adult

Postby Fingolfin » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:37 pm

It is indeed kind of worrying there's no update on anything. I wasn't playing myself for a while cause I was waiting till the guilds would be fixed: to lose the whole guild and specs due to all the server downtimes and server not being able to reach is not acceptable really.

So I'll be blunt: it could be a good iniative of Eah to try and host the game. It could. But there's no way in hell I'll start playing without the same userfiles from where Thoth left off. Same for the guild issue really. I invested a bit too much to start over AGAIN. Been there, done that (several times).
Fingolfin
Young Adult

Postby Eah » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Come to Fingle
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Eah
Mature

Postby Cyber » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Look at that level haha Looks good Eah
Cyber
Young

Postby Eah » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:46 am

Thank you Cyber, the credit for the new mushrooms goes to Manxie.

Guilds and user files can be imported from Thoth's, Nonide's and older severs. I hope that Thoth will pass them.
Eah
Mature

Postby Fingolfin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Eah wrote:Guilds and user files can be imported from Thoth's, Nonide's and older severs. I hope that Thoth will pass them.

This sounds all nice, but if you say "I hope that Thoth will pass them" and nobody has heard from him in months... I hope you won't think me unreasonable when I don't exactly believe this. Sure, technically it's of course possible to use those user files. We all know that: it's all easy to import. But if you have nothing to import...
Furthermore, you mentioned Nonide's server? Do you actually have those files? (there was quite some cheating there btw, not the fairest BM of all if you ask me)

Again, great initiative but permit me to be a little (very) sceptic. No hard feelings though.
Fingolfin
Young Adult

Postby Eah » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:32 pm

I am doing the best I can for keeping Blade Mistress alive. Without the help of past-time game hosters I cannot solve such issues. I like a game better that is online than having no game at all. My server is for all the players who share this thought. As for Nonides, I was not aware of this issue, thank you for telling. Suggestions are welcome of how to deal with old guilds.
Eah
Mature

Next

Return to Blade Mistress Discussion