New BM

Carune Online is the unofficial sequel to Blade Mistress.

Moderator: Teamleader | Carune Online

Re: New BM

Postby polipippo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 pm

looks nice

will the skills be the same like swordsmith wil you still be able to make gaints swords?
polipippo
Young

Postby Mitch » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm an experienced 3D modeler. and I might be able to help.

Could you perhaps also give me more information about the Engine you're using, and the 3D modeling software?

Do realize you can get into problems by using the same maps as Blade Mistress uses, cause those are copyrighted.
Mitch
Teamleader | Carune Online

Postby Meyfei » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Mitch
Post subject: Re: New BM

I'm an experienced 3D modeler. and I might be able to help.

Could you perhaps also give me more information about the Engine you're using, and the 3D modeling software?

Do realize you can get into problems by using the same maps as Blade Mistress uses, cause those are copyrighted.

-------------
Me talking :D
CopyRights Only apply when the Copyrighted owner, dosent abandon an owned possession.

Ex: Phantasy Star Online Blueburst was abandoned by Sega of america, but the Japanese server is still hosting it, so copy right is still applied.

However, Blademistress had a single owner, whom i guess sold it off? anyways in the end that new owner completely forgot about, and abandoned blade mistress, and now these private-public servers are the only ones, which are run by people who care about BladeMistress unlike he who is now forgotten. So i doubt he will do anything, i mean he probabaly dont even have proof of ownership any more.
But im me, i honestly dont really know to much bout this stuff. I'm basically Just thinking that in common sense an abandoner of such things would be a resignment of ownership and void of all copy rights.
Meyfei
Young Adult

Postby Mitch » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:47 am

nice sight you got.. but.. as long as it's copyrighted, it's copyrighted, it doesn't matter whether Bear abandoned the game, it is still copyrighted.
It is just depending how long it takes till the copyright is no longer valid.

Anyways, good night!
Mitch
Teamleader | Carune Online

Postby Lady_T » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:35 am

sorry i couldnt seem to log into my old account, it keeps telling me wrong password...but yes, all the skills and stats will be identicle to BM, or very very similar. As for copyright, i may have to use something like Animistress or Bladeistress lol, somethin like that. Here is the engine im using so those of you can find out what features and such we can use:

http://www.torquepowered.com/products/torque-3d

as for models, we can model in Maya, 3DS max, all the big ones :D
Lady_T
Developer | Carune Online

Postby iresh » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 am

Due to the generic nature of most of bm stuff it mostly is free to grab. stuff like maps monsters models avatar models are still copywrited. My bf is good at C++ and i am more then willing to help in any way possible to make it more safe and more secure for all that go to play it. As for me if this lauches i will not join due to the simple fact. BM is my heart and joy it is my life and changing it would be a shame.
iresh
Young Adult

Postby Lady_T » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:25 am

Their is still quite a huge amount of time before anything like this is going to be running :P which means more then enough time that you may change your mind i hope iresh ^^ but if not, thats too bad because i would love to get some of the Mods/Admins back in :P

And yes im more then willing to accept all the help i can get. especialy the coding part as i have no idea how the Bm's system worked (sword smith, bombs, dodge lvl, ect.)

i will keep this post up to date as i make any changes and all idea's are most definatly welcomed ^^
Lady_T

Postby iresh » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:56 pm

yes if you don't know it was me and my bf that helped get the old Bm back running smoothly again and yes know all too well how the ystem works and yes i would make changes to some stuff shards are too easy to get as of the old system. and would love to finally inplace a proper game blocker for some cheats that i know has cripiled bm in the past. maybe iwill change my mind but only time will tell.
iresh
Young Adult

Postby Lady_T » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:44 pm

Thats great news ^^ as it is right now, due to work and trying to get my room-mates to start modeling (learning), its going quite slow. im the only one who has worked on anything so far and that's the ROTD, Spirit Realm, Dragon Realm, and Main Realm. I have still yet to make the Lab and Deeper Lab.

All idea's that im going to get would be greatly appreciated, and if your boyfriend knows C++ and can understand how Torque's scripting works, that would be great news. I'm prity sure all of BM's stuff is very easily script-able in C++ too, so that's always good news. I'll even give him some money for helping out. i cant give a whole lot but i can definatly give him some descent money for the help!

As for modeling, im having my room-mate make the dungeon model (the one sitting outside in Main Realm), today, and we'll see what happens! If it comes down to it, im going to hire a modeler if i must.

Any and ALL idea's for this upcoming project are very well wanted and appreciated. ill take any hints, tips, comments, suggestions or anything of the sort because a game isn't a game without the players, and their aren't any players without a good game :P
Lady_T

Next

Return to Discussion