If there was a chance...

Discuss about things that happen in game.

Would you take the chance to retrieve your old account data?

Yes, I would like to retrieve my old user files
84%
No, I would not take the chance of retrieving my old userfiles.
No votes
Indifferent.
16%

Total votes : 38

If there was a chance...

Postby Thoth » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:36 pm

If you would have the chance of retrieving your account data from Punisher's old server, would you take it?

The plan is, that if we get a hold of the userfiles, we will import them per request. The server will keep running the currently existing users, and slowly add the old files of those who would like their old accounts back. Hopefully this might keep the current players happy, and get the old players back who don't wanna skill all over again.

What are your thoughts about it?
Thoth
Administrator

Re: If there was a chance...

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 pm

I myself am not going to ask my old files back, as I am much higher level now than I was on pun's bm, but I am in favor of other players getting their accounts back if they want to, so I voted Yes.
Mitch
Teamleader | Carune Online

Postby Raharanor » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:29 pm

That would be great in many respects because I'd have my old dodge levels and weapons back. Only downside would be that my main wasn't created well at the start as it was 6/3/3. I'd be almost leaning towards me keeping my current set of characters, as Raharanor is a preferred alias for me for online games now. I'll get back to you on the vote.
Raharanor
Young

Postby Thoth » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 pm

It is possible to keep both or either accounts. We will keep the server running with the users we have right now. The only thing we might do is import the old files on request of the player. But leaving the new files intact. You have worked on both accounts, old and new, so I think it's no more than fair to give you back both the accounts.
Thoth
Administrator

Postby Raharanor » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Thoth wrote:It is possible to keep both or either accounts. We will keep the server running with the users we have right now. The only thing we might do is import the old files on request of the player. But leaving the new files intact. You have worked on both accounts, old and new, so I think it's no more than fair to give you back both the accounts.

Sounds fair enough. Could have my old character as a semi-main character to Rah, who actually has 10/1/1 stats.
Raharanor
Young

Postby deviless » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:52 pm

makes no odds to me as i am higher now than i was n i cant remember any of my details, not even the char name lmao
i was a total noob on puns :P
now if it was nonides then i woulda voted yes - tho i no theres no chance in hell of gettin those files bk
deviless
Adult

Postby Fingolfin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Well, I don't remember all the details either but from what I understand we would get the characters back from Pun's files and not from memory. As I just started again and made counselor before 2 times, I would definitely want that info back. Just like the blues and weps on my account: yes, I lost a lot and it would be really awesome to just continue with where I left off back in the days.

Also this might just bring back old players and make the community bigger again, and just for that alone I'd say go for it.

So yeah, obviously I voted for yes. :)
Fingolfin
Young Adult

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:05 pm

The chance of getting Nonide's users back is very slim..
Mitch
Teamleader | Carune Online

Postby DarkBlue » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:24 pm

To be honest I don't mind leveling things back up, it's the items that took me forever to get such as my first weapons or silver dust.
DarkBlue
Adult

Postby DarkBlue » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Wait I wouldn't mind my smith, I haven't made one of those yet :D
DarkBlue
Adult

Next

Return to Blade Mistress Discussion