Referral System

Got any ideas?

Referral System

Postby Facist » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:04 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that we need more active players, so I have been brain storming the last couple of days trying to come up with different solutions and I feel like the rest of us should be as well!

What if we could somehow reward players for introducing or referring new players to the game. I was hoping that this would motivate these newer players to go out and introduce more people to the game with the idea of receiving an award (GBD, Imbued Totems, etc..).

I know this has flaws, (people making new accounts just to get the reward) but if we could make it work then maybe it could be very beneficial. Overall though, the idea is to get us thinking, "What can we do to bring more people into the game?". This would be a great place for us to share our ideas and come together to expand our numbers! If you have any idea please please PLEASE throw them in! I want to make the server more active and exciting as it once was!

Thanks,

Facist.
Facist
Young

Re: Referral System

Postby Yuritau » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 am

Way back in the day when you used to have to pay to play this game, a referral system might have worked. Soon as your referral put any amount of $$ on the account, you get a reward of some kind. That would still have room for abuse, but it would be tempered by having a real monetary cost, and helping the game succeed.

In it's current state, yes the game needs more players, but there's really no way to do a referral rewards system without opening it to endless abuse.
Yuritau
Adult

Re: Referral System

Postby iresh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 pm

nice idea here the way it worked in the past they got extra free time on the server when it was pay to play. but there is a way to catch this so a mac address is marked once the new player joins. as for a reward i'm not sure what would motivate a player to bring others. If they did have friends they would have already invited them to relieve some of their boredom.
iresh
Young Adult

Return to Development